- Recipe type: “entree”
- Preparation: 5 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- In a medium sauce pan, cook rice in oil over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Stir in onion, green pepper, jalapeno, and diced tomato.
- Season with bouillon cube, salt and pepper, cumin, cilantro, and garlic. B
- ring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
It is an excellent gluten free, dairy free side dish.
Rice is a healthy food to include in the diet. Health benefits of rice include providing fast and instant energy, good bowel movement, stabilizing blood sugar levels and providing essential source of vitamin B1 to human body.
Mixed with all these vegetables, mexican rice can be part of a healthy and anti-inflammatory diet.