Crab salad on endive petals
- Recipe type: “appetizer”
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Cooking: n/a
- 1lb cooked crab meat
- 2 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 heads Belgium endive (trimmed and separated into spears)
- Chopped fresh chives
- Cut crab meat into chunks. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients and add crab meat.
- Spoon the crabmeat atop the endive spears. Garnish with fresh chives and serve.
- Belgian endive is very low in calories. It is an excellent source of vitamins A and C, and a good source of fiber.
- Crab contains good amounts of selenium (antioxidant) and chromium (for good cholesterol)
- Cayenne pepper is good for blood circulation.
It makes it a good recipe for people with cellulite, hemorrhoids or varicose veins… or for people who are doing an anti-candida diet.